Dev Update - Early February 2021

Development Discussion. General discussion of the Phoenix USC server and client. Report bugs here!
Vidiot_X

Phoenix USC Guilds

Sustainer

Admin

Dev Update - Early February 2021

Post by Vidiot_X »

Hi,

Development of PhoenixUSC is proceeding well. I have made much progress this last week adding in a spectator and turret'ing modes. I've added an easy right-click popup menu to the player list for quick access to features. I have also reworked the lobby system to handle all sorts of user issues like no internet, the the server disconnects and other scenarios; this should have it ready to go. You can also see the use of animated weapons sprites and of course impacts as well.

Next update in about a week... I am still aiming for a mid'ish February test-bed1 launch. Nothing special just getting a first server and client instance working. Then it's on! :D
Client (lower right) in spectator mode with positioning controled by the server. Here the client rides along with the server-bro ship. Very much like in Continuum.
map-update-9.jpg
map-update-9.jpg (326.86 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
Here you can see client player Remote-1 turret'ing the server ship server-bro. Almost fully implemented, you can turret a player as in Continuum.
map-update-10.jpg
map-update-10.jpg (241.43 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
Attachments
map-update-7.jpg
map-update-7.jpg (337.78 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
map-update-8.jpg
map-update-8.jpg (383.54 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
map-update-12.jpg
map-update-12.jpg (142.56 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
Vidiot_X

Phoenix USC Guilds

Sustainer

Admin

Re: Dev Update - Early February 2021

Post by Vidiot_X »

Some 2D light and shadow balancing going on here. Lightening the color palate of the floor texture brightens the scene, balances the scene light to shadow gradient, and allows me to reduce the number of lights used and increase performance.

More soon.
Vidiot_X
map-update-15-2.jpg
map-update-15-2.jpg (467.67 KiB) Viewed 16310 times
map-update-16-2.jpg
map-update-16-2.jpg (493.85 KiB) Viewed 16310 times
Vidiot_X

Phoenix USC Guilds

Sustainer

Admin

Re: Dev Update - Early February 2021

Post by Vidiot_X »

Hi,
Wild experimentation.. recommend it. Animated sprite black hole effect. Just for fun but I may offer it and others as a visual option.

Vidiot_X